- Considerations for creating a community.
- Set up a laboratory community at labnodes.vanderbilt.edu.
- Training and follow-up
Consider the following:
- Do you need a system for managing resources, e.g. protocols,
antibodies, vectors, mice?
- Would you like to create a web presence for both public and
- Do your post-doctoral fellows, staff and students need a place
to organize their projects?
- Do you share documents and other types of files with co-workers
- Are you currently using an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)?
- Would you like to delegate organizational tasks to Leader in
- Would you like to feature recent publications and
accomplishments for your group?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, consider
creating a laboratory community at Labnodes.
How to Set Up a Labnodes Community
1. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
requesting that a community be set up. Include the following
- Investigator name
- Laboratory contact information
- Laboratory manager/lead name
- Brief description of the community (for public display)
- Photo or image for the community (JPG or PNG format, 125 X 155
- Keywords for the community
2. A Labnodes administrator will:
- Set up your community
- Assign an acronym for the community
- Notify you when the community has been established
- Provide Labnodes training to you and your laboratory