We have resolved 278 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements.
Significant improvements are listed below:
- New name and branding. VanderbiltResearch.org
has a new name and new logo. We are now Labnodes and our URL is:
labnodes.vanderbilt.edu. Not only is the new name shorter and
simpler, it directly communicates our main goal which is to
facilitate the sharing of information between laboratories.
The re-branding will also help us to improve our identity both
within and outside Vanderbilt. We have also included the official
Vanderbilt University "brand bar."
- Open access to all Vanderbilt employees. All
active VUNetID account holders may now create an account on
Labnodes, without requiring an invitation from an existing Labnodes
- Access to non-Vanderbilt users. Collaborators
from outside Vanderbilt can be invited to the system.
- New navigation tools. A new top-level
navigation bar offers quick access to key areas of Labnodes. The
mini-dashboard has been replaced with a drop-down multi-level menu,
which is easier to read and is tucked away unless you need it. Just
login and hover over your name in the top right to access it.
- Keyword display and linkages. Keywords
are now displayed on the member and community profile pages.
These keywords create a network between members, communities and
resources that have identical keywords.
- Share resources directly between users.
Share resources with individual members using look ahead search of
- New user interface for resource sharing.
A brand new and much simplified interface for sharing resources
exist, providing clutter-free selections.
- Private Workspace for each member. Each
member has his/her own private workspace. No other users can
access, or be invited, into the Workspace. It is meant as your
personal whiteboard and place to keep things to yourself.
- Easily set permissions for shared
documents. You may select "Can Edit" and/or "Read
Only" in the Share Resources or Manage Resource Contribution
- Edit sharing permissions from the Actions
button. Click "Edit Contribution" from the Action
button drop down menu in order to change sharing permissions.
- Share, copy and move collections/resources from
Workgroups. You may manipulate Workgroup
resources/collections by sharing, copying or moving them to other
- Embed images in resource content area. If you
have uploaded image attachments to a resource, you may now embed
thumbnails of the image(s) into the content area.
- Integration with LDAP. When inviting a new
(Vanderbilt) user to the system via an email address, we validate
that this email address exists. Future releases will increase LDAP
- New user registration/account creation page. A
new page exists to capture minimal information for incoming users.
Included is a requirement for every user to agree to Vanderbilt's
computing usage policies.
- File uploads. The interface for document file
uploads to resources has been completely revamped and features a
progress bar and drag-and-drop (in modern browsers) features. When
creating a new resource, files can be added prior to saving the
- Member and community profiles re-designed.
Both member and community profiles have received a face-lift, which
provides better access to important information.
- Member dashboard re-designed. The member
dashboard is a treasure trove of information and provides
member-specific links to various information in Labnodes that are
most important to the user.
- Simplified role based resource
management. Contribution owners can more easily, and
granularly, manage the permissions for contributions to specific
- Subscription permissions required for editing
resources. In order to edit a resource the member
must have edit permission for the collection the resource belongs
- Mouse strain resource type. Improvement were
made to the fields and user interface.
- Image references embedded from uploaded
documents. New rich text editor plugin allows
uploaded images to be easily embedded into the text content
- Branding in email notifications. The
Labnodes logo now appears (right click to download image) in all
automated email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Generic roles for user profiles. We have added
an option for users to select if they are Faculty, Staff or
- View meetings in the last 30 days. A one-click
option was added to the Meetings view to access all meetings in the
last 30 days.
- Publication graph.Time axis labels updated for
users with long publication timelines.
- Rich text editor nested lists. We have fixed
the issue with nested bullet (or numbered) lists not being
formatted correctly when using the rich text editor.
- Community meetings link broken by editing meeting collection
which changed the collection type
- Duplicate images in the image editor
- Magnuson access to Huppert freezer database space
- Notifications display
- Member table title (e.g. Mr.) label value selected
- Genbank file (.gb) format
- PubMed errors logged for tracking
- Accept affiliation request link is no longer displayed for
revoked affiliation messages
- Community chief affiliations cannot be revoked/suspended
- Collection list only displays resource collections
- Cookie domain set for Labnodes
- Community name at IE