We have resolved 234 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or
improvements. Significant improvements are listed below:
- New user interface. The new user
interface allows for one click navigation to editing your profile,
collections and affiliations, viewing your workspace, resources and
communities, and direct links to external feeds and services such
- Assign a delegate to edit your profile.
Now you may assign a delegate (either a current or new user) to
update your member profile including your contact information,
publications and more.
- Global search. Users may search the
entire website in a permission-sensitive fashion.
- Upload your biosketch. Keep a current
copy of your NIH biosketch at Labnodes by uploading it to your
- Link to ResearcherID. Include your
ResearcherID and link to RID to view your publications and
calculate your citation metrics including your average citations
per article, h-index and more.
- Account profile wizards. We have added a
simple step-by-step process that walks you through creating your
account profile; including publications, research profile,
assigning a delegate and setting your email preferences.
- Breadcrumb navigation. Backtrack your
navigation by clicking on the breadcrumb path located at the top of
- New search options for finding
- Publications for vectors. The vectors
resource type now supports adding PubMed
- Delete a workgroup. Workgroups – and all
their content – can now be deleted.
- Add attachments to all resources types.
Attach files, images, and other types of files to all resource
types including antibodies, mice, vectors and documents.
- Programmatic access for user profile public
data. Access user profile data programmatically -
contact email@example.com for
- VU Email addresses validated by LDAP.
Email addresses are now validated via the LDAP system, thus
- Improved dashboard. Add resources,
manage delegates and add meetings directly from your dashboard
page. Access data feeds and other services, such as
- Member listings layout improved. The
full listing of people at Labnodes now includes the user’s image,
title and primary affiliation along with a link to his/her
- Users must accept VU Terms of Usage when creating an
account. All users are required to accept the
Vanderbilt University Acceptable Terms of Usage policy prior to
creating an account.
- Show featured collections only in the side
menu. The side menu has been de-cluttered. To display
collections in the side menu, use the “Feature Collection”
- Easier to accept affiliations
invitations. The member manage affiliations page now
defaults to listing pending community invites, reducing the
number of clicks to finish the operation.
- Improved attachment icons. Attachments
are more recognizable by the using file type-specific icons.
- Expanded member role options. We have
expanded the member role types to include Post-Doctoral Fellow,
Graduate Student and Undergraduate Student.
- View all member affiliations, both past and
- Sharing made simpler. Instructional text added
to Share Resource window; “Find a member to directly share this
- Publications are automatically featured.
By default, all member and community publications are now
featured. Publications may be unfeatured simply by clicking
the, “Publication not featured” box.
- Link to Labnodes marketing material. The
bottom menu now includes a link to Labnodes brochures and marketing
- New navigation systems.
A variety of new navigation systems have been improved to provide
quicker access to information and less clutter.
- Permissions. Setting
permissions for subscriptions and contributions has been
- Mouse strain resource
type. Both the mouse strain and
genetic alterations forms have been improved.
- Publications. By default, when members
add publications, they are featured.
- Paginated content is now
AJAXed. Instead of a whole pages
reloading, when users navigation across paginated listings, only
the content itself is updated, providing a faster user
- Numerous minor fixes.