We have resolved 149 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements.
Significant improvements are listed below:
- New Features
- Homepage Features - We have added feature
description banners (and target pages), resource search, and
upcoming meetings to the homepage. We hope that this will provide
useful context and instruction for those new, and still learning,
- Meetings - Perhaps our most exciting new
feature, any community now has the ability to add, edit, and share
meetings. With meeting-specific annotations, you can manage lab or
core facility meetings, seminars and others. Decide whether to
share them to everyone, or keep them private to your
- Resource Transfer and Copy Actions - You can
now transfer (or move) resources from one collection to another.
This is especially useful if you are trying to break a large
collection into multiple smaller ones. Furthermore, you can now
also copy (duplicate) a resource, either to the existing collection
or another. This will result in two identical copies, which can
then be independently edited and/or shared.
- On-the-fly PDFs for Resource Pages - If you
would like to simply share a resource with someone who cannot
access the resource page, you can save the page as a PDF and email
it or otherwise share it.
- Action Menu - Throughout the site, we have
been making available a context-specific "Actions" button, which
drives a menu with page-specific actions. For example, if you are
on a resource page, you may see the ability to edit, share, copy or
transfer a resource, as well as revoke its contribution to the
- Publication Timeline - For members, we have
added a graphical timeline of publications managed by members.
- Re-invites for Pending Affiliations - If you
have invited a new user to your community and they have not yet
accepted the invitation, you can re-invite the member, as well as
update their email address.
- Significant Improvements
- Consolidation of Collections - We have merged
the five pages that comprised collections into one page and removed
the Collections menu. This results in an easier-to-navigate
interface and demotes the collection to being more of a virtual
folder. The collection page will show resources by default, and
optional and additional information at the user's discretion.
- Login Forwarding - When trying to access a
confidential page while not logged in, should the user successfully
login, they will be redirected to the original page they were
attempting to access.
- Look and Feel - We have moved towards a
fixed-width layout, a lighter-colored theme, simplified resource
and member pages, metadata viewing and dashboard
- Resource Counts in Community Dashboards - The
resource and collection counts now provide a more logical selection
- Contributions to the VUMC and World
Communities - Resource contributions (by sharing or
otherwise) are automatically accepted by both communities. This is
especially useful when sharing meetings with the public, so that
they will be immediately viewable.
- Other Improvements
- The community collection menu option has been relocated above
the subcommunities menu option, for better access to community
- Downsized the member images in the member lists and displayed
10 per row.
- Increased the allowed character length for affiliation
- Community profile page now shows only featured
- Improved the sitemap page layout
- Revoking a master contribution automatically revokes related
- Added a “View All” display count in side-menus
- Resource-associate files now include the name of the user who
uploaded the file
- Allow contributions to be removed via the Action button
- Fixed links to PowerPoint in secured pages
- Allow non-owner subscription permissions to be editable
- Fixed display issues in Help page and made improvements to
- Removed dummy text in a few areas
- Community featured publications are now paginated
- Gene Targeting Experiment Tracker – a variety of issues have
- Improved sanitization of rich text editor input
- Fixed default addresses behavior for members
- Upgraded to newer version of the Zend Framework