Investigators interested in donating a strain to the VCMR should
complete the VCMR submission and release forms and return it to
The following factors will be considered prior to accepting
strains into the VCMR.
- Is the strain of ongoing value to other researchers?
- Is the strain available at another mouse repository?
Exceptions for unique strain backgrounds may be
- Is the strain published and well documented?
- If the strain is unpublished, is there sufficient documentation
and evidence that it functions as desired?
Benefits of the Vanderbilt Cryopreserved Mouse
- Lines are thoroughly annotated and preserved indefinitely
- Enables full and easy compliance with the NIH sharing
- Eliminates the need to ship live animals to an external
- Eliminates the cost of maintaining your mouse model as live
- Eliminates the need for you to personally coordinate their
- Protects against accidental loss, contamination or genetic
- Donating investigators are entitled no-fee rederivation*
*Some restrictions apply
VCMR_email_notification.pdf - Added on January 7, 2019 at 12:11 PM by Jennifer Skelton
Email to distribution list announcing the VCMR on March 27, 2018.