We have resolved 140 ticketed new features,
tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed
The first of its kind at Vanderbilt! A searchable publication database for Vanderbilt
researchers to use and connect to others with! By integrating data
from multiple sources (provided by investigators) and coupling it
to easy-to-use tools, we were able to assemble a valuable asset for
Connect with MeSH
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) Terms
are associated with most PubMed records and are a means of
connecting otherwise unconnected entities. Now fully integrated
into Labnodes, new connections are revealed regarding the
connectivity network at Vanderbilt. See Mark de Caestecker's profile as an
All member profiles have been freshened up! Now you may create
you own personalized links to frequently visited favorite websites.
The publications timeline is renewed alongside everything. Set
preferences of how you want keywords and MeSH Terms displayed. Keep
yours updated by starting
- Publications browse and search – A new section
has been added to Labnodes, which allows you to search
investigator-vetted publications by free text, keyword, date range,
journal or by community. The inclusion of JCR impact factors,
frequency analysis and export functions provide utility for all
types of users, from bench scientists to administrators who need to
- Export your publications search
- Publication searches can be exported to a Word document
(requires user to be logged in).
- Add publication action - When browsing
individual publications, users can add the currently viewed
publication to their member profile with just one click (requires
user to be logged in).
- PubMed updates – An automated and weekly
PubMed data update takes place to fill-in any new information, as
it is released by NCBI.
- Individual publication view – It is no longer
necessary to link out to PubMed in order to view
publications. Simply click on the article and view it in the
context of the member and/or community profile.
- MeSH terms - are automatically imported
from your publications and displayed on your member and/or
community profile page.
- MeSH terms and journal frequency page - For
those interested in MeSH Terms and Journal frequency, there are
specialized search tools available to explore these concepts.
- Journal Citation Report (JCR) - Journal impact
factors, along with the journal unique identifier, title and PMID
are now being stored in Labnodes.
- Community publications - A publication
timeline was added to the community profiles of those communities
- Links - Add and customize links on your
member and community profiles.
- Mouse ES cell line resource type – This new
resource type is specific for data related to the generation of
genetically modified mESCs.
- Landing page preferences - Communities that
have landing pages may now replace the community profile display
with their landing page, or opt to add a navigation tab allowing to
have both a profile link as well as a landing page link.
- Member profile completeness - is now measured
and displayed as a graph.
- Homepage - Organization and feeds have been
- Pagination user interface – The existing
pagination controls in high-level areas was replaced with a more
flexible user interface.
- Filter people by all groups - In addition to
filtering members by faculty/non-faculty, you may now also filter
by staff, graduate student, undergraduate student and postdoctoral
- Mouse resource allele type – Once you select
Recombinase Mediated Cassette Exchange (RMCE) as the type of gene
targeting, the allele type will automatically default to cassette
- Standardization of text – We have standardized
the "not available" text across all views.
- Save all/remove all publications – A check box
that allows the user to save/remove all publications has been added
to each publications page.
- PubMed character limit increased – The
character limit for PubMed input in the
"manage-member-publications" and other related forms has been
- Customize the People label -
In addition to being able to customize the side menu labels for
Publications/Citations, Resource Collections and Subcommunities,
you may now change the People label as well.
- View collection resources prior to approval -
When a collection is offered to you or your community, you may now
view the collection resources prior to accepting the offer.
- Keyword connections - are now full page where
- Keywords graph - We have limited the number of
"nodes" displayed for easier viewing.
- Publication lists - The display of all
publications lists has been improved.
- Performance - Performance has been improved
when searching for latest resources.
- Antibody resource - The antibody display was
improved to ensure all information is being used properly.
- User interface - Various improvements to the
look and feel of Labnodes have been implemented.
- Member's search - has been expanded to include
all member groups.
- Member dashboard - The dashboard was
re-organized to provide the most important information towards the
top of the page.
- Creative Data Solutions - Vanderbilt has a new
shared resource at http://labnodes.vanderbilt.edu/cds.
- CDTR joins Labnodes - Welcome to our newest
community, the Center
for Diabetes Translation Research.
- Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology -
Contacts, community profiles, community publications member
profiles, member contact information and publications data has been