We have resolved 55 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or
improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
ORCID in Labnodes
All Labnodes users can now add their ORCID identifier to their
Labnodes profile. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier
that distinguishes you from every other researcher. Add it today!
Keywords have long been associated with members, communities and
resources. Supplementing our existing list of connected nodes, we
are now using word "roots" - otherwise known as lexemes to INCREASE
and further CONNECT people and their research! Try
it out today!
- Add ORCID to your Labnodes profile - All
Labnodes users can now add their ORCID identifier to their Labnodes
profile. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that
distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through
integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant
submission, supports automated linkages between you and your
professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
- Increased connection in network graphs –
Changes were made to the keyword-based connectivity matching
algorithm to utilize lexemes, which has greatly increased
connectivity and still allows people to personalize their
- Move shared contributions - We added the
ability of collection owners to move (aside from share,
copy and remove) their shared collections.
- Moved database to new server - We moved the
Labnodes production database to new VUIT servers. Better uptime and
- Updated member API - The Labnodes API output
now includes a member's 1) ResearcherID and 2) ORCID.
- Reorganized member dashboard - The member
dashboard has been re-organized to bring time-sensitive widgets to
the top of the page.
- Updated MMPC landing page - The MMPC has added
another image to their landing page.
- Increased collection content character limit -
We increased the number of characters that can be added to a
collection's "content" field.
- Clipped long filenames - For those extra long
file names, we are shortening how these are displayed to ensure
that no overlaps occur in the user interface.
- Updated DRTC landing page - The image ratio of
the DRTC landing page images was changed.
- Updated bacterial strain type - The ability to
remove the "plasmid feature" has been added.
- Updated the Labnodes feature community - We
changed the community from VAPR to the DRTC in the drop-down
- Updated primer resource type - We implemented
the "source" component as done in other resource types.
- Added spinner when deleting collections - When
deleting large collections, it can take minutes for the operation
to complete. We have added a "spinner" graphical element to
communicate that the operation is still in progress.
- Fixed issues with community collections' resource sorting
- Fixed non-working anchors on VCSCB Information page