Core Facilities and Shared Resources – Getting Started
Request a core facility/shared resources
- Labnodes communities are created, upon request, by a Labnodes
administrator. To request a core facility community, send an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org and
include the following information:
a. Core facility name, e.g.
Transgenic Mouse and ES Cell Shared Resource (TMESCSR)
b. Director's name
c. Core facility contact
information: street address, room number, building name, zip code
and phone/fax number(s).
d. Core facility contact person
name, phone number and email address
e. Core facility community
description (for public display)
f. Photo or image for the core
facility (JPG or PNG format, 125 X 155 pixels, or larger)
h. What (if any) collections
would you like us to create for your core facility? Here are
i. Service description
collection - Include resources (documents) that describe all of the
services provided by your core facility. You may also attach
your submission forms to each service document.
ii. Service pricing collection
- This collection will contain pricing for the services provided by
your core facility..
iii. Guidelines collection
- This collection will include guidelines for your users,
such as how to prepare samples, choice of reagents and other
information specific to your core facility services.
iv. Policies collection - Here
you can outline your core facility policies such as billing
policies, operational policies, guarantees, disclaimers, etc.
- A Labnodes administrator will create the community, assign it
an acronym and notify the director when the community has been
What to include?
- Labnodes provides an excellent platform for organizing your
core facility and advertising its resources. The Labnodes team is
available to help you determine what content to include in your
core facility community.
- You may organize your content into collections and resources. A
Labnodes administrator can create collections for you when your
community is created (see suggested collection types above in #1h).
Alternatively, you (and/or a designated leader) may create the
Sharing to the public
The collections and resources you create at Labnodes are private
by default. You may share this content with other individuals,
communities, collections, the VUMC and/or the public. Most core
facilities choose to share information about their services to the
public. Sharing is easy to do and can be accomplished with a few
simple clicks. A
video tutorial is available for your convenience.
If you wish to share a collection/resource to the public, follow
- Log in to Labnodes and click on the
core facility in the side menu of your dashboard page.
- Click on the collection (under Resource
Collections in the side menu) that contains the
resource(s) you wish to share.
- If you wish to share an entire collection, click on the
Actions button and select Share
from the drop down menu. If you wish to share a resource in the
collection, click on the resource and then click
Actions/Share. A pop-up window will appear.
- Click on the green Share with public
- A permissions pop-up window will appear. Permissions default to
View only. Do not change these permissions when
sharing with the public.
- Click Share.
- Your collection/resource is now viewable to the public.
Request a customized Landing Page
- A landing page is a custom page that has content pulled
directly from the core facility data in Labnodes. The Labnodes team
can work with you to design and create a landing page for your core
- A landing page can support a custom domain name. Please inquire
- You may view some examples of existing landing pages at:
- View our
training document to learn more about how to request a landing
Training is available
- You may request a training session for you group by sending an
email to: email@example.com.
- Monthly training workshops occur on the last Thursday of each
month. Consult our
training schedule to find upcoming workshops.
- A library of video tutorials is available on the Labnodes home page.
Training documents are also available.