To start an incoming shipment from a non approved vendor for either embryos or sperm you will need to log in to the DAC website and submit a new online request through our new Research Animal Transfer System (RATS). This will ensure we receive all the necessary information and enable users to follow the progress of the request closely from initiation to approval to shipment to the Transgenic Core. RATS also allows us to process your request more quickly and with less errors. Please note all requested fields are required prior to submission.
1. Log onto the DAC website- www.vacup.us/
2. Click the Forms and Tools Tab.
3. Click “RATS”. For users new to the process you may click on the “RATS Quick Start Guide” for assistance.
4. “RATS” will redirect you to the online submission process, complete the form, and then submit.
5. After this is submitted, the DAC Shipping Coordinator will start the process for incoming shipments.
For MTA’s, please contact the Office of Technology Transfers at 615-936-7585.