Version 2.14 - May 16, 2017
We have resolved 12 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Creative Data Solutions has launched a new website for the Vanderbilt Center for Matrix Biology, which is powered by Labnodes.
New Features & Improvements
- Fixed incorrect hyperlinks
- Removed unnecessary anchor tag for mouse strain VUCMR ID
Version 2.13 - April 6, 2017
We have resolved 20 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Labnodes has launched its fourth citation survey for S10 Shared Instrumentation, in joint collaboration with the VU Vice Provost for Research & VUMC Executive Vice President for Research. In compliance with the National Institutes of Health, Labnodes is being used to help collect data regarding usage of S10 Shared Instrumentation Grant Awards received in the last five years.
New Features & Improvements
- NEW Added support for an author's maiden name for rendering authorship position in a member profile's publication graph. To use, edit your member profile contact page and add your maiden name, then reload the publication graph.
- NEW Added ability to export publication database results as PMID list. (Please inquire about usage)
- NEW Added mouse strain ID fields for Jackson Laboratories Stock Number and TMESCSR VUCMR Identifier for cryo-preserved stocks.
- NEW Added ability to search and sort collections by a specific, numerical resource ID
- Removed subcommunity label preference from community types that do not support subcommunities.
- Login and password reset pages have been improved for language and user experience.
- Language improvements in member management areas and elsewhere.
- Labnodes branding in emails and online are now consistent.
- Fixed file upload error for large files
Version 2.12 - January 18, 2017
Labnodes has been updated to reflect:
- Fixed missing "feature" images on homepage
- Resolved "inactive account banner" with several members and patched software to reflect logic change
- Fixed member affiliation removal error
- Fixed database issues (filesystem cache)
- Updated authentication credentials for Vanderbilt logins
Version 2.9.1 - March 17, 2016
We have resolved 20 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
DRTC Landing Page
The DRTC landing page has a brand new look and feel, including links to all the DRTC supported core facilities, research headlines and seminars. The new scrolling banner includes snapshots from the laboratory, special events and featured members of the DRTC.
The Vanderbilt Digestive Disease Research Center (DDRC) has partnered with Creative Data Solutions again to launch their second citation survey. The survey data will fulfill requirements for the upcoming DDRC competing grant renewal and the publications will be added to faculty Labnodes profiles.
A new connections sidemenu option is now available for communities who may prefer to hide keywords and/or MeSH Terms from their profile, while still allowing their users to access this data and its connectivity to other entities. This feature may be found via the Community Preferences.
New Features and Other Improvements
- Increased the login session time - We have increased how long a user is logged in for to about 6 hours, before being automatically logged out.
- Revised Labnodes marketing brochures - We have updated our descriptive brochures to better reflect community-specific features (lab, core, centers & departments).
- Added a new field for storing funding source information - Community profiles now have a new field that can be used to acknowledge funding source(s), as free text.
- Revised the MMPC Landing Page - The MMPC landing page banner has been updated.
- CDTR Instrument and Educational Tools - We have made clarifications to the form-download language, making it easier for users to download instruments.
Version 2.9 - January 27, 2016
We have resolved 35 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
OOR Citation Survey
Labnodes will launch its third citation for the Office of Research on February 1st. In compliance with the National Institutes of Health, Labnodes is collecting data regarding S10 Shared Instrumentation Grant Awards received in the last five years. The VUMC Office of Research will provide the data to NIH on behalf of Vanderbilt University.
New Features and Other Improvements
- Hide the publications display - A preference has been added for toggling the display of member and community profile publications.
- Landing page updates - We have made updates to the CDS, CDTR, DRTC, MMPC, TMESCR and VCSCB landing pages.
- Member profile updates - We have added a field for your institution.
- Last log in date and time - We have improved the last login date/time display.
- Training documents - We have added a training document on how to insert images into a document and updated other educational materials.
- FAQ updates - We have expanded and improved our FAQ page.
- Send a message - We have improved the language in the message content pop up window.
- New lab community - Labnodes welcomes the Bader Lab.
- DDRC citation survey - We will launch our second citation survey for the Vanderbilt Digestive Disease Research Center in March.
- Member profile completeness email - We have sent you a personalized list of ways you may enhance your member profile.
- DRTC Cores as sub-communities - We continue to work with the DRTC on adding communities for all of the Diabetes Research Training Center's supported cores to Labnodes. These will be listed as sub-communities of the DRTC in the very near future.
- MyVUMC Articles
- We published an article about the Labnodes version 2.8 release.
- Look for upcoming articles in upcoming issues regarding other Labnodes activities
Version 2.8.1 - November 9, 2015
Version 2.8.1 is a special release to deploy a new Labnodes-powered app, the "Mouse Bariatric Surgery Database". This is currently under development in collaboration with Drs. Nathan Bingham and David Wasserman.
Version 2.8 - September 28, 2015
We have resolved 46 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Welcome to CDTR
The Center for Diabetes Translational Research (CDTR) has migrated its website to Labnodes. Immediate benefits to the CDTR and its members include a custom landing page, integrated faculty profiles, improved communication about CDTR services, reduced administrative cost and increased search engine exposure.
The Vanderbilt Digestive Disease Research Center (DDRC) has partnered with Creative Data Solutions to launch their first citation survey. The survey data will fulfill requirements for the upcoming DDRC competing grant renewal and the publications will be added to faculty Labnodes profiles.
Members may now choose whether to display or hide the publication graph on their member profile page and on community profile pages where the user is an owner or leader of that community. This feature may be found via the Actions/Preferences menu option.
New Features and Other Improvements
- MMPC landing page - Information regarding the 12th Annual Glucose Clamping the Conscious Mouse: A Laboratory Course has been updated, along with improvements to the navigation tabs.
- VCSCB landing page - The landing page has been updated to reflect an updated faculty list, inclusion of its newest core facility, Creative Data Solutions, as well as visual improvements.
- TMESCSR landing page - Updates have been made to reflect service revisions.
- DRTC landing page - Banner image captions have been updated.
- Global search - The global search feature now includes searching within the content box of viewable resources.
- Image uploads - The ratio of uploaded images is now preserved within the scope of resource content management.
- Vanderbilt publication database - Improvements have been made to the main publication page that provide additional information about the resource and the data being captured.
- Added "Exact Search" for journal title searches
- Added support for multi-part abstracts.
- Improvements have been made to connections generated from MeSH terms.
- Community types - These have been simplified for better clarity.
- Navigation language - Improvements have been made to navigational semantics.
- Image data curation - We have uploaded member photos where requested.
- Resource previous versions - Users are now prompted regarding the completeness of historical data.
- mESC resource type - Improvements have been made to the parental cell line field.
- Various sections, such as "Publications" and "MeSH Terms" are only shown when data exists, as to de-clutter the resource/collection pages.
- Synchronized semantics of "logged in" vs. "logout" state in navigational elements
- Fixed video embedding within resource content
- Merged the community types "Center" and "Institute".
- Upgraded icon library
- Improvements made to LDAP connectivity
- DRTC Cores as sub-communities - We are in the process of adding communities for all of the Diabetes Research Training Center's supported cores to Labnodes. These will be listed as sub-communities of the DRTC.
- Member profile completeness - Be on the lookout for a customized email that will help you determine how to improve your Labnodes member profile.
- Creative Data Solutions - Policies have been updated.
Version 2.7 - July 7, 2015
We have resolved 140 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
The first of its kind at Vanderbilt! A searchable publication database for Vanderbilt researchers to use and connect to others with! By integrating data from multiple sources (provided by investigators) and coupling it to easy-to-use tools, we were able to assemble a valuable asset for the community.
Connect with MeSH
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) Terms are associated with most PubMed records and are a means of connecting otherwise unconnected entities. Now fully integrated into Labnodes, new connections are revealed regarding the connectivity network at Vanderbilt. See Mark de Caestecker's profile as an example.
All member profiles have been freshened up! Now you may create you own personalized links to frequently visited favorite websites. The publications timeline is renewed alongside everything. Set preferences of how you want keywords and MeSH Terms displayed. Keep yours updated by starting here.
- Publications browse and search – A new section has been added to Labnodes, which allows you to search investigator-vetted publications by free text, keyword, date range, journal or by community. The inclusion of JCR impact factors, frequency analysis and export functions provide utility for all types of users, from bench scientists to administrators who need to prepare reports.
- Export your publications search - Publication searches can be exported to a Word document (requires user to be logged in).
- Add publication action - When browsing individual publications, users can add the currently viewed publication to their member profile with just one click (requires user to be logged in).
- PubMed updates – An automated and weekly PubMed data update takes place to fill-in any new information, as it is released by NCBI.
- Individual publication view – It is no longer necessary to link out to PubMed in order to view publications. Simply click on the article and view it in the context of the member and/or community profile.
- MeSH terms - are automatically imported from your publications and displayed on your member and/or community profile page.
- MeSH terms and journal frequency page - For those interested in MeSH Terms and Journal frequency, there are specialized search tools available to explore these concepts.
- Journal Citation Report (JCR) - Journal impact factors, along with the journal unique identifier, title and PMID are now being stored in Labnodes.
- Community publications - A publication timeline was added to the community profiles of those communities with publications.
- Links - Add and customize links on your member and community profiles.
- Mouse ES cell line resource type – This new resource type is specific for data related to the generation of genetically modified mESCs.
- Landing page preferences - Communities that have landing pages may now replace the community profile display with their landing page, or opt to add a navigation tab allowing to have both a profile link as well as a landing page link.
- Member profile completeness - is now measured and displayed as a graph.
- Homepage - Organization and feeds have been improved.
- Pagination user interface – The existing pagination controls in high-level areas was replaced with a more flexible user interface.
- Filter people by all groups - In addition to filtering members by faculty/non-faculty, you may now also filter by staff, graduate student, undergraduate student and postdoctoral fellow.
- Mouse resource allele type – Once you select Recombinase Mediated Cassette Exchange (RMCE) as the type of gene targeting, the allele type will automatically default to cassette acceptor.
- Standardization of text – We have standardized the "not available" text across all views.
- Save all/remove all publications – A check box that allows the user to save/remove all publications has been added to each publications page.
- PubMed character limit increased – The character limit for PubMed input in the "manage-member-publications" and other related forms has been increased.
- Customize the People label - In addition to being able to customize the side menu labels for Publications/Citations, Resource Collections and Subcommunities, you may now change the People label as well.
- View collection resources prior to approval - When a collection is offered to you or your community, you may now view the collection resources prior to accepting the offer.
- Keyword connections - are now full page where applicable.
- Keywords graph - We have limited the number of "nodes" displayed for easier viewing.
- Publication lists - The display of all publications lists has been improved.
- Performance - Performance has been improved when searching for latest resources.
- Antibody resource - The antibody display was improved to ensure all information is being used properly.
- User interface - Various improvements to the look and feel of Labnodes have been implemented.
- Member's search - has been expanded to include all member groups.
- Member dashboard - The dashboard was re-organized to provide the most important information towards the top of the page.
- Creative Data Solutions - Vanderbilt has a new shared resource at http://labnodes.vanderbilt.edu/cds.
- CDTR joins Labnodes - Welcome to our newest community, the Center for Diabetes Translation Research.
- Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology - Contacts, community profiles, community publications member profiles, member contact information and publications data has been curated.
Version 2.6.1 - January 20, 2015
We have resolved 18 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Highlight - OOR Follow-up S10 Instrumentation Citation Survey
We have launched a second citation survey for the Vanderbilt Medical Center Office of Research (OOR), which is being used to request updated citation information regarding NIH-funded S10 instruments.
Other New Features and Improvements
- Keyword connections updated - The graph library was updated and language used on the Keyword Connections page (example) was improved.
- Affiliations management - Improvements were made in the member's "Manage affiliations" section, to display a distinct list of previous communities (or workgroups) the member was a part of.
- Cookiecrumb navigation improvements - The cookiecrumbs now match the community custom labels where applicable.
- Framework code updates - This was updated to the most recent version.
- Other minor bug fixes and fixing typos.
Version 2.6 - December 10, 2014
We have resolved 55 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
ORCID in Labnodes
All Labnodes users can now add their ORCID identifier to their Labnodes profile. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher. Add it today!
Keywords have long been associated with members, communities and resources. Supplementing our existing list of connected nodes, we are now using word "roots" - otherwise known as lexemes to INCREASE and further CONNECT people and their research! Try it out today!
- Add ORCID to your Labnodes profile - All Labnodes users can now add their ORCID identifier to their Labnodes profile. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
- Increased connection in network graphs – Changes were made to the keyword-based connectivity matching algorithm to utilize lexemes, which has greatly increased connectivity and still allows people to personalize their keywords.
- Move shared contributions - We added the ability of collection owners to move (aside from share, copy and remove) their shared collections.
- Moved database to new server - We moved the Labnodes production database to new VUIT servers. Better uptime and performance!
- Updated member API - The Labnodes API output now includes a member's 1) ResearcherID and 2) ORCID.
- Reorganized member dashboard - The member dashboard has been re-organized to bring time-sensitive widgets to the top of the page.
- Updated MMPC landing page - The MMPC has added another image to their landing page.
- Increased collection content character limit - We increased the number of characters that can be added to a collection's "content" field.
- Clipped long filenames - For those extra long file names, we are shortening how these are displayed to ensure that no overlaps occur in the user interface.
- Updated DRTC landing page - The image ratio of the DRTC landing page images was changed.
- Updated bacterial strain type - The ability to remove the "plasmid feature" has been added.
- Updated the Labnodes feature community - We changed the community from VAPR to the DRTC in the drop-down menu.
- Updated primer resource type - We implemented the "source" component as done in other resource types.
- Added spinner when deleting collections - When deleting large collections, it can take minutes for the operation to complete. We have added a "spinner" graphical element to communicate that the operation is still in progress.
- Fixed issues with community collections' resource sorting
- Fixed non-working anchors on VCSCB Information page
Version 2.5 - September 17, 2014
We have resolved 79 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
We welcome the MMPC to Labnodes. The MMPC has successfully migrated its previous web presence to Labnodes, where it expects to better interface with Vanderbilt and external collaborators. Explore the MMPC today.
Keywords have long been associated with members, communities and resources. Supplementing our existing list of connected nodes, we have introduced an interactive touch-graph that allows you to interactively browse through keyword relationships and discover new connections! Try it out today.
Labnodes is significantly faster than ever! Alongside of server-side improvements at the code and database level, we have also successfully migrated to the VUIT-manager Application Infrastructure servers, which provide us with increased security and performance.
- Network graphs as discovery tool – A new interactive graph, which automatically associates nodes with matching keywords, makes it easy to view relationships between people, communities and resources.
- Source data look ahead – Labnodes remembers and displays previous source data in a drop down menu, providing a more consistent list of sources and less typing.
- Upload your CV – Just like biosketches, you may now upload a PDF of your current CV within your member profile.
- Conjugates added to antibody resource – We have added a list of 94 antibody conjugates as a controlled vocabulary to Labnodes. If selected, the conjugate name is displayed as part of the antibody name.
- Resource sorting – Now you may sort a list of resources by the date created or last modified.
- Order community leaders – Leaders may now be re-ordered on the community profile page.
- Policies – New Labnodes policies have been added to the Policies & Terms of Usage page.
- Text patterns added to rich text editor - Format content using text pattern markdown instead of menu elements.
- Performance – Labnodes is faster due to numerous server-side improvements as well as a successful migration to VUIT servers.
- Antibody characterization – We have added new types of antibody characterization and a notes section.
- Warning when deleting an address – Before you delete your contact address, Labnodes will provide an “Are you sure?” warning.
- Removed “none added” – We have removed this heading when a collection contains no resources.
- Homepage –Improvements were made to streamline and focus the user on immediate actions.
- Antibody species cross reactivity list – We have added several new species to the cross reactivity list.
- Manage meetings – You may now manage meetings from the manage community menu.
- Permissions - Numerous improvements were made to improve and harden our permission structures.
Version 2.4.1 - March 19, 2014
We have resolved 52 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Highlight - S10 Instrumentation Citation Survey Tool
We have developed an online citation survey tool for the Vanderbilt Medical Center Office of Research (OOR), which is being used to request citation information regarding NIH-funded S10 instruments.
- Source information in resource metadata - For resource types that contained "source" (origin, provenance) metadata, this information has been centralized and makes for easier re-use of information.
- Inventory information in resource metadata - For resource types that contained "inventory" (location) metadata, this information has been centralized and makes for easier re-use of information.
- Email management updates - We removed the sign-up management features from the member management area, as this is now controlled via MailChimp - at least for newsletters and other announcements.
- Performance improvements - Various improvements were made to increase pageload speed and reduce database overhead.
- PMCID in community publications - Fixed the lack of PMCID display in community publications/citations.
Version 2.4 - March 5, 2014
We have resolved 123 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Introducing a new resource type is always exciting. We have worked with multiple labs to establish what we hope will be a flexible model for collecting key annotations pertaining to bacterial strains. If you need assistance with importing your data, please contact us. See examples 1 and 2.
A new resource type for DNA primers now provides a way to keep track of the primers in your lab or projects. If you need assistance with importing your data, please contact us. See examples 1 and 2.
We welcome the VICC to Labnodes, whom we have been working with to develop a Publications Database and survey mechanism to facilitate the capture of historical data required for the CCSG grant renewal. Explore the VICC today!
- Meeting Titles - Seminar and meeting titles have been added to the member dashboard.
- Biosafety Level Selection Buttons - Added radio buttons to make selections of biosafety level easier in the respective resource type forms.
- Page Consistency - Improved consistency on resource view pages.
- Mycoplasma Testing for Cell Lines - We have added an option for "not tested/unknown."
- MMRC ID - A new field for MMRC ID has been added to the mouse resource.
- Number of Allowable Characters - Previous limits have been adjusted to meet current needs in both first name and community name fields.
- New Tissue Types for Cell Lines - We have added three new tissue types for cell lines: epithelium, embryo and hybridoma.
- Mouse Genetics Annotations - Gene name, gene symbol and NCBI gene ID fields have been added for both the promoter and the expressed gene.
- Upcoming Meetings Links - Now any links to upcoming meetings automatically default to the current date and will display all upcoming meetings.
- Image Alignment and Padding - Images added to content boxes may be aligned left, right, center and we have improved the spacing around images.
- Community Titles - The maximum length for these titles has been increased to 125 characters.
- Duplicate Communities - Member communities are now only listed once, regardless of how many times the member has been invited and/or removed from a community.
- Presentation Titles - These have been added, when available, to meetings pages.
- Send a Message - Messages may now include up to 500 characters.
- API Extension - The API has been extended to provide a member lookup via VUNetID and to provide a list of users via a community ID.
- DRTC Landing Page - Various improvements were made to the Diabetes Research and Training Center landing page.
- Previous Affiliations Hidden - If an active affiliation exists, previous (inactive) affiliations are hidden, thus eliminating a member being listed as active and inactive.
- Uploading Images - This feature has been simplified.
- Publication Graph - Improved member recognition allows all publications to be graphed.
- Resource Import scripts - We created import scripts for Cell Lines and Bacterial Strains, which are re-usable for other groups. Please inquire.
- Dashboard Add a Resource - The resource type menu has been improved and you can now select your workspace as a target.
Version 2.3.1 - December 10, 2013
We have resolved 31 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
We would like to welcome the DRTC to Labnodes, whom we have been working with for a successful migration of their web presence as a first step towards taking advantage of the many Labnodes tools.
Explore the DRTC-Labnodes landing page today!
- Resource Sharing Training Video - A new training video is now available via our YouTube channel.
- Embed Google Calendars - You can now embed Google Calendars into Labnodes resource pages.
- Transfer Community Ownership - You can now transfer the owner of a community (or workgroup) to another user, without asking us to do it.
- New Admin Tools - We too need some new tools once in a while!
- Upgraded TinyMCE rich text editor to version 4.
- Prevent non-Vanderbilt users from being invited to formal community (temporary, until a non-Vanderbilt namespace is added).
- Mask resource subtypes as regular resources, for easier viewing and searching.
- Fixed missing sharing tools for meetings.
- Fixed inability to remove offered shared resources (patched).
- Fixed incorrect subcommunity listing (patched).
- Fixed "Add Meeting" button display issue in community dashboard (patched).
- Fixed missing resource subtype annotation (patched).
- Fixed publication graph issue.
Version 2.3 - October 29, 2013
We have resolved 47 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
- BRET Faculty Profile Connector - New users of Labnodes who are VUMC faculty members can now elect to import key elements of their BRET Faculty Profile to populate their Labnodes profile. Future versions will include the ability to "sync" Labnodes profile data to BRET data.
- Custom Labels for Community Sidemenu - Choose new labels to help customize your community (or workgroup) sidemenu, hence providing better marketing or semantic context. See the community (or workgroup) Manage > Preferences section.
- Quick Share Buttons – New buttons in the "Share Resource" window allow you to share a resource to the public or to VUMC in one-click; yes, one-click.
- Default Profile Avatars - For members, communities and workgroups, a default list of avatars is now available. This convenience allows users to quickly pick a profile picture until they can replace it with one of their own.
- Communities & Multiple Inheritance – Communities can now be "parented" to more than one parent community. For example, a laboratory can be part of a department and multiple centers. Now, this laboratory can be displayed in the "subcommunity" section of all of its parent communities.
- Community Send Message Recipient Management - Via the community management preferences tab, you may now elect whether all community members receive email notifications of any messages sent to the community (via the "send a message" feature).
- Follow us on Twitter - We have started tweeting updates on activities surrounding Labnodes, including training, new members and communities, important events and so forth. So, follow us!
- Member messages are now listed into their own widget on the member dashboard page, thus making it easier to identify human-generated messages versus server-generated notifications.
- Working with the TMESCSR leadership, we have updated TMESCSR landing page.
- Meeting start- and end-times can now be set at five-minute intervals.
- Profile image editor for communities and workgroups has been improved to allow image retention on form validation warnings or errors.
Version 2.2 - August 28, 2013
We have resolved 27 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
- Easier sharing to VUMC and the public. Sharing to the public and/or the VUMC is now made easier with the addition of the “Share with public” and “Share with VUMC” buttons. From a resource, simply click on the action button, select Share (or Move, or Copy) and look for the green buttons!
- Community contact – Identify a contact for your community and enter his/her data into the new community contact field. This will be displayed on a community's profile page.
- Soft quotas for workgroups - We have enabled "soft" quota limits for workgroups - accessible via the workgroup dashboard.
- Member last active date – We have added the last login date to the member profile card, in order to provide information about the activity of members.
- Updated VCSCB & TMESCSR landing pages - Working with the VCSCB leadership, we have updated its landing page, as well as the TMESCSR landing page.
- Feature a collection – You may now feature collections via a community's (or workgroup's) "Manage Resources" section - click on the cog/action button to view the option, or do it from the collection view page via the action button.
- Mouse strain MGI links - MGI links have been updated to reflect changes at the Mouse Genome Informatics resource.
- Sidemenu re-organization - We have reorganized side menu items so that community and member menus are easier to locate.
- Addgene links - An Addgene field has been added to the vector resource type, which provides a link to the Addgene page when populated.
- Login prompt - When opening the login window, the "mouse focus" is now on the username and allows the user to tab to the password field.
- Newest members - All new Vanderbilt members are now listed in the "latest members" section of the navigation menu.
- Antibody name exposure - In the antibody resource form, the name of the antibody is shown to the user as it is being assembled from user-derived input.
Version 2.1 - August 14, 2013
We have resolved 186 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below.
Animal Cell Lines
Introducing a new resource type is always exciting. We have worked with multiple labs to establish what we hope will be a flexible model for collecting key annotations pertaining to animal cell lines.
Say goodbye to subscriptions. Everything is simply called a share now. Collections are just like any other resource and can actually nested as well. In short, creating resources is faster and sharing is easier.
Disk Usage Monitor
While there is no official disk usage quota for the time being, we have put in place tools for formal communities to monitor their disk usage. This functionality will soon be coming to workgroups as well.
- New resource type – Cell Lines. In addition to antibodies, vectors, documents and mice we have added a new resource type for cell lines. You may fully annotate your cell lines by including a description, source, characterization, culture conditions and more. See examples:
- CHO-K1 (Chinese hamster ovary cell line)
- 4T1 (mouse mammary gland cell line)
- Ca Ski (human cervical cell line)
- New resource type – Collection. Previously each resource had to reside within a collection. Now the user may choose whether or not to place a resource into a collection. The collection is now another type of resource - add a collection and then add resources to that collection.
- Create individual resources. Resources may be created without placing them into a collection; however, the option of organizing resources within collections is still available.
- Monitor your disk usage. From your community dashboard page, click on the disk usage link in the Community Statistics section and view the disk usage by file type and your total disk usage.
- Testimonials. See what people are saying about Labnodes by clicking on the Testimonials link in the footer menu of the home page. Here’s one example: “It’s (Labnodes) so, sooooo EASY! I love it.”
- Receive training and release announcements. Choose whether you wish to receive email announcements about training opportunities or release information.
- Interactive editing of community profile image. We have added a new image editor that will allow you to select the image orientation and crop community and workgroup profile images.
- Homepage improvements. We have re-organized our homepage to provide more information to describe Labnodes. Don’t forget to login and check out your dashboard for the latest information that pertains to you.
- Performance improvements. In order to address performance issues, we have made a wide variety of improvements to speed up the backend parsing times as well as front-end content delivery. Some of these changes have resulted in less “counts” being displayed throughout the site.
- VCSCB Landing Page Updates.
- Allow short names in LDAP searches. We now support 2-character last name searches via LDAP.
- Layout and design updates.
- Workgroup default profile image. When creating a new workgroup, if a user does not have a convenient photo to use, a default workgroup profile image will be used instead. This lessens the burden of looking for what was a required image.
- Print-friendly pages. Improvements were made to support a wider range of browser print modes, mainly to do with margins. Also, the Labnodes logo is now the default print logo.
- Chiefs are now called Owners. We have changed the name of the owner of a community from chief to owner. Thus, the three Labnodes roles are now Owners, Leaders and Members.
- Navigation click instead of hover. Due to troubles keeping navigation items actively displayed, as a result of a wandering computer mouse or touchpad, we have changed the behavior of the navigation bar to respond to mouse-click events. This also makes it easier for touch device users to interact with the navigation bar.
- Community name added to Share Meetings window. We added the name of the community when viewing your shared meetings, for clarity of ownership. For example, the shared meeting now reads, “Meetings – VCSCB Informatics.”
- Community acronyms added. The community acronym has been added to resource/collection lists, for clarity of ownership.
- Latest members list expanded. Now you may view all of the new Labnodes members, whether they are affiliated to a formal community or not.
- Language improvements. We have streamlined and improved vocabulary and semantics in order to provide clearer and more user-friendly language.
- Share search field more visible. We have moved the search field in the Share Resource window so that it is easier to view and thus, easier to use.
- Update to antibody resource type
- New naming scheme. We have adopted a new (and draft) naming nomenclature, in response to feedback obtained from antibody experts at Vanderbilt. All antibodies have been automatically renamed, since the names are built from the resource metadata components.
- Clone ID/name - You may now record your antibody clone name/ID when creating an antibody resource.
- Concentration field added.
- Primary vs. Secondary category. In addition to monoclonal and polyclonal antibody types, you may now create antibody resources for secondary antibodies.
- Antigen and antigen source lists improved. Improvements were made to the controlled vocabularies of these important components.
- Flexibility added to characterization form. Images and protocols dropped as a requirement to adding a usage.
- Reagent Resources Standardization – We have made standardization efforts on the user interface and data models for antibodies, cell lines, mouse strains and vectors. While we have more to do, we think you will find these resources even easier to use.
- Actions button drop down simplified. We have made the Action items more succinct, and therefore easier and quicker to use.
- Increased the number of communities/view. The community listing page now contains more communities/page, which minimizes scrolling down in order to view more items.
- Radio buttons replace dropdown for resource subtypes. Some resources, such as documents, have subtypes. These subtypes are now visible (no longer a drop down) on the Add a Resource form and selectable by a radio button, thus reducing the action from two clicks to one.
- Community/Workgroup dashboard. The dashboard has been revamped to more closely emulate the member dashboard, thus providing a more consistent user experience.
- Support section in navigation. Users can now quickly find help topics and support via a navigation bar support link.
- Resource PDFs. PDF documents can be generated on any resource a user can view, not just edit.
- Numerous minor fixes.
Version 2.0.1 - March 4, 2013
We have resolved 27 tasks, bugs, or improvements:
- Search - Code for global search was improved.
- Workgroups - Workgroup access button hidden unless user is logged in.
- Publications - Pagination navigation is now hidden unless more than one page of results exists.
- Collections sharing
- Differentiation between communities and workgroups added.
- Resolved conflicts when copying a resource to the same collection.
- Collections - Listings are now AJAX'ed.
- Freezer app
- Improved the "default" lab, to default to the proper lab the logged-in user is a part of.
- Improved the modal window height for the slot view.
- Removed highlighting of "View more..." link in sidemenu.
- Removed "Research" from "Research Profile" for semantic flexibility for non-academics.
- YouTube - Created new YouTube account for 2.x videos and incorporated into homepage.
- Delegates - Created separate management page for Delegate Management.
- Featured Affiliations - Fixed missing "no-image" photo for members that have not uploaded their own photograph.
- Brand and Marketing - Missing link/collection resolved. (PATCHED in 2.0)
- Gene Targeting Experiment Tracker
- Main listing table sorting is fixed.
- Fixed image size and listing issue in IE.
- Fixed listings dropping to bottom of page in IE.
Version 1.8 - December 5, 2012
We have resolved 278 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below:
- New name and branding. VanderbiltResearch.org has a new name and new logo. We are now Labnodes and our URL is: labnodes.vanderbilt.edu. Not only is the new name shorter and simpler, it directly communicates our main goal which is to facilitate the sharing of information between laboratories. The re-branding will also help us to improve our identity both within and outside Vanderbilt. We have also included the official Vanderbilt University "brand bar."
- Open access to all Vanderbilt employees. All active VUNetID account holders may now create an account on Labnodes, without requiring an invitation from an existing Labnodes user.
- Access to non-Vanderbilt users. Collaborators from outside Vanderbilt can be invited to the system.
- New navigation tools. A new top-level navigation bar offers quick access to key areas of Labnodes. The mini-dashboard has been replaced with a drop-down multi-level menu, which is easier to read and is tucked away unless you need it. Just login and hover over your name in the top right to access it.
- Keyword display and linkages. Keywords are now displayed on the member and community profile pages. These keywords create a network between members, communities and resources that have identical keywords.
- Share resources directly between users. Share resources with individual members using look ahead search of active members.
- New user interface for resource sharing. A brand new and much simplified interface for sharing resources exist, providing clutter-free selections.
- Private Workspace for each member. Each member has his/her own private workspace. No other users can access, or be invited, into the Workspace. It is meant as your personal whiteboard and place to keep things to yourself.
- Easily set permissions for shared documents. You may select "Can Edit" and/or "Read Only" in the Share Resources or Manage Resource Contribution windows.
- Edit sharing permissions from the Actions button. Click "Edit Contribution" from the Action button drop down menu in order to change sharing permissions.
- Share, copy and move collections/resources from Workgroups. You may manipulate Workgroup resources/collections by sharing, copying or moving them to other members/communities/collections.
- Embed images in resource content area. If you have uploaded image attachments to a resource, you may now embed thumbnails of the image(s) into the content area.
- Integration with LDAP. When inviting a new (Vanderbilt) user to the system via an email address, we validate that this email address exists. Future releases will increase LDAP integration.
- New user registration/account creation page. A new page exists to capture minimal information for incoming users. Included is a requirement for every user to agree to Vanderbilt's computing usage policies.
- File uploads. The interface for document file uploads to resources has been completely revamped and features a progress bar and drag-and-drop (in modern browsers) features. When creating a new resource, files can be added prior to saving the resource itself.
- Member and community profiles re-designed. Both member and community profiles have received a face-lift, which provides better access to important information.
- Member dashboard re-designed. The member dashboard is a treasure trove of information and provides member-specific links to various information in Labnodes that are most important to the user.
- Simplified role based resource management. Contribution owners can more easily, and granularly, manage the permissions for contributions to specific collections.
- Subscription permissions required for editing resources. In order to edit a resource the member must have edit permission for the collection the resource belongs to.
- Mouse strain resource type. Improvement were made to the fields and user interface.
- Image references embedded from uploaded documents. New rich text editor plugin allows uploaded images to be easily embedded into the text content area.
- Branding in email notifications. The Labnodes logo now appears (right click to download image) in all automated email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Generic roles for user profiles. We have added an option for users to select if they are Faculty, Staff or Trainee.
- View meetings in the last 30 days. A one-click option was added to the Meetings view to access all meetings in the last 30 days.
- Publication graph.Time axis labels updated for users with long publication timelines.
- Rich text editor nested lists. We have fixed the issue with nested bullet (or numbered) lists not being formatted correctly when using the rich text editor.
- Community meetings link broken by editing meeting collection which changed the collection type
- Duplicate images in the image editor
- Magnuson access to Huppert freezer database space
- Notifications display
- Member table title (e.g. Mr.) label value selected
- Genbank file (.gb) format
- PubMed errors logged for tracking
- Accept affiliation request link is no longer displayed for revoked affiliation messages
- Community chief affiliations cannot be revoked/suspended
- Collection list only displays resource collections
- Cookie domain set for Labnodes
- Community name at IE
Version 2.0 - February 20, 2013
We have resolved 234 ticketed new features, tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below:
- New user interface. The new user interface allows for one click navigation to editing your profile, collections and affiliations, viewing your workspace, resources and communities, and direct links to external feeds and services such as C.O.R.E.S.
- Assign a delegate to edit your profile. Now you may assign a delegate (either a current or new user) to update your member profile including your contact information, publications and more.
- Global search. Users may search the entire website in a permission-sensitive fashion.
- Upload your biosketch. Keep a current copy of your NIH biosketch at Labnodes by uploading it to your profile page.
- Link to ResearcherID. Include your ResearcherID and link to RID to view your publications and calculate your citation metrics including your average citations per article, h-index and more.
- Account profile wizards. We have added a simple step-by-step process that walks you through creating your account profile; including publications, research profile, assigning a delegate and setting your email preferences.
- Breadcrumb navigation. Backtrack your navigation by clicking on the breadcrumb path located at the top of each page
- New search options for finding people.
- Publications for vectors. The vectors resource type now supports adding PubMed citations/publications.
- Delete a workgroup. Workgroups – and all their content – can now be deleted.
- Add attachments to all resources types. Attach files, images, and other types of files to all resource types including antibodies, mice, vectors and documents.
- Programmatic access for user profile public data. Access user profile data programmatically - contact email@example.com for details.
- VU Email addresses validated by LDAP. Email addresses are now validated via the LDAP system, thus increasing accuracy.
- Improved dashboard. Add resources, manage delegates and add meetings directly from your dashboard page. Access data feeds and other services, such as C.O.R.E.S.
- Member listings layout improved. The full listing of people at Labnodes now includes the user’s image, title and primary affiliation along with a link to his/her profile.
- Users must accept VU Terms of Usage when creating an account. All users are required to accept the Vanderbilt University Acceptable Terms of Usage policy prior to creating an account.
- Show featured collections only in the side menu. The side menu has been de-cluttered. To display collections in the side menu, use the “Feature Collection” functionality.
- Easier to accept affiliations invitations. The member manage affiliations page now defaults to listing pending community invites, reducing the number of clicks to finish the operation.
- Improved attachment icons. Attachments are more recognizable by the using file type-specific icons.
- Expanded member role options. We have expanded the member role types to include Post-Doctoral Fellow, Graduate Student and Undergraduate Student.
- View all member affiliations, both past and current
- Sharing made simpler. Instructional text added to Share Resource window; “Find a member to directly share this resource with.”
- Publications are automatically featured. By default, all member and community publications are now featured. Publications may be unfeatured simply by clicking the, “Publication not featured” box.
- Link to Labnodes marketing material. The bottom menu now includes a link to Labnodes brochures and marketing materials.
- New navigation systems. A variety of new navigation systems have been improved to provide quicker access to information and less clutter.
- Permissions. Setting permissions for subscriptions and contributions has been simplified.
- Mouse strain resource type. Both the mouse strain and genetic alterations forms have been improved.
- Publications. By default, when members add publications, they are featured.
- Paginated content is now AJAXed. Instead of a whole pages reloading, when users navigation across paginated listings, only the content itself is updated, providing a faster user experience.
- Numerous minor fixes.
Version 1.7 - June 21, 2012
We have resolved 108 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below:
- Two new Landing Pages launched. Landing pages for both the Pediatric Center for Excellence in Nephrology (PCEN) and the Transgenic Mouse ES Cell Shared Resource (TMESCSR) have been launched. These are custom built, individually branded web pages that enable the community to advertise all of its primary features on a single web page.
- Antibody Resource Type added. Antibodies, as official resources, can be added to collections.
- Featured Collections. Members can now select collections to feature. These collections will appear as the top ten collections in member side bar menu.
- Daily Digest Email for Affiliations, Contributions and Collections
- A Preferences tab has been added to the Manage Account page where members may control their Email Frequency.
- Members may choose between receiving individual emails when changes occur, or receive one 'daily digest email' that includes all the changes from the previous day.
- Author specification. Members can now specify their name within the publication author list. If members have published under more than one name, for example maiden and married names, they may now specify multiple names, thus including all publications in the publication graph at the member profile page.
- Meeting duration added. The length of meetings, seminars and symposia may now be specified as 30, 60, 90 minutes or All Day.
- Profile card URL. We have added a unique member card URL. This will allow the member profile card to be captured and inserted into other web sites.
- Insert YouTube videos. YouTube videos may now be inserted into the description or content box of a resource. Simply click on the YouTube icon in the menu bar and copy the video URL into the video code window.
- Insert and place images. Insert and place images into your resource descriptions and/or content windows via the TinyMCE Image Manager. Click on the image icon and insert the image URL and preferred alignment into the appropriate places in the pop-up window.
- Homepage videos. A carousel of training videos has been added to the home page.
- Workgroups listing button. A Workgroups listing button on the member communities page for logged in users belonging to workgroup(s) has been added. When you click on 'my communities' in the mini-dashboard at the top you are taken to your community affiliations page where you may click on the 'communities' or 'workgroups' button in order to view these affiliations.
- Resource review step shortened. The review step for submitting resources has been removed. 'Save and go to next step/Go to previous step/Finish and Submit' has been replaced with 'Create Document' and 'Update Document,' thus executing this process with only one wizard step
- Member Name added to Resource History List. In addition to including the time and date, the time stamp now provides the name of the person that modified the resource.
- Collection suspension removed. The ability to suspend a collection has been removed, thus making collection and contribution actions more similar.
- Telephone field. We have added a telephone/fax field to the contact address section. If this is left blank, the member's main account contact telephone number will be shown with the address at the top of the member profile.
- Branded logo support. VUMC department communities now have branded logo support.
- Collection content. In addition to providing a description of your collection(s), you may now include content in the new content field on the collection profile page.
- Faculty identification. Simply check "yes" next to Faculty Member on your manage account profile page in order to identify yourself as a faculty member.
- Terminology simplification
- 'Revoke' has been changed to 'Remove' when referring to the removal of a contribution.
- 'Removed' contributions can now be 'Restored.'
- We have also removed the contribution functionality 'Suspend.'
- PHP Code now uses PHP time instead of DB's Current_Timestamp for better ORM like support
- Improved Code Completion Support For Manager Components
- Member Collection Permissions now supports array access - Better Collection Permission Handling
- Include component name in common API methods, e.g insertCollection() instead of insert()
- Increased logging of exceptions caught within action controllers
- Switched to HTML5 document type
- Upgraded versions of JQueryUI and Highcharts
- Custom JQuery UI extension for alert, prompt and modal windows
- Fixing empty strings for null
- Setting default primary community for members with only one active affiliation
- Fix document_manager created_by and modified_by
- Member Manage Collection links incorrect for workgroups
- Added 'suspended' members to the Archived list
- Archived members are now those who do not have an active affiliation and do not have 'invited', 'declined' or 'withdrawn' statuses
- Zend DB fetch functions do not support multiple values for prepared statements with single placement holders.
- Affiliation email notifications now have relevant subject text instead of blanket 'New Affiliation Offer', e.g. Affiliation Revoked, Suspended.
- Creating a collection will now redirect the user to the newly created collection page rather than the community manage collections page.
- Editing shared resource shows incorrect master collection owner link
- VanderbiltResearch.org branded logo is used if a branded community logo is not found
- Image directory separator missing in file paths when resizing images in PDF documents
Version 1.6 - November 22, 2011
We have resolved 79 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below:
- Copy a collection. Members may now copy an entire collection to a new community. This feature allows collaborators with offer subscription permission to share entire resource collections. Resources may still be shared on an individual basis without sharing the entire collection.
- Move a collection. We have also added a new feature that allows members to move a resource collection from one community to another. Once the collection has been moved, it may be moved back to its home community or to yet another community.
- Delete (permanently) a collection. It is now possible to delete an entire collection. Members may remove collections by clicking on the Actions button and selecting Remove under the Manage Subscription heading.
- Resource versioning. Now members may view an earlier version of a resource. Simply click on the versioning box located at the bottom right of each resource and select the version of the resource that you wish to view.
- Archived Members
- Previous community members are now visible.
- Community members are divided into two groups; Active and Archived.
- Members may view a list of community alumni (archived) by selecting Members from the Community Menu and then clicking the Archived button at the top right of the members listing page. Click the Active button in order to return to the current (active) members listing.
- Landing Pages for Communities
- Custom built, individually branded web page
- Enables a community to advertise all of its primary features, services and objectives on a single web page and facilitates quick access to areas within the VanderbiltResearch.org community or to external websites.
- A landing page may begin with a short description, similar to the one found on the VanderbiltResearch.org community profile page.
- Include images
- Other key features may include contact information, faculty listings, general information, upcoming meetings and other highlights.
- In the case of Core Labs, important items such as available services and pricing provide easy access to this information for core customers.
- If on-line customer sign-up is available, a link to request the core facility services may be included.
- Information can be dynamically imported into the landing page that is updated via the community management web interface.
- Action menu - significant consolidation and improvements to the actions menus
- Email templates are now HTML and TXT based
- Community and collection management pages have been simplified
- Subscriptions permission area simplified
Version 1.5 - August 26, 2011
We have resolved 149 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements. Significant improvements are listed below:
- New Features
- Homepage Features - We have added feature description banners (and target pages), resource search, and upcoming meetings to the homepage. We hope that this will provide useful context and instruction for those new, and still learning, the site.
- Meetings - Perhaps our most exciting new feature, any community now has the ability to add, edit, and share meetings. With meeting-specific annotations, you can manage lab or core facility meetings, seminars and others. Decide whether to share them to everyone, or keep them private to your community.
- Resource Transfer and Copy Actions - You can now transfer (or move) resources from one collection to another. This is especially useful if you are trying to break a large collection into multiple smaller ones. Furthermore, you can now also copy (duplicate) a resource, either to the existing collection or another. This will result in two identical copies, which can then be independently edited and/or shared.
- On-the-fly PDFs for Resource Pages - If you would like to simply share a resource with someone who cannot access the resource page, you can save the page as a PDF and email it or otherwise share it.
- Action Menu - Throughout the site, we have been making available a context-specific "Actions" button, which drives a menu with page-specific actions. For example, if you are on a resource page, you may see the ability to edit, share, copy or transfer a resource, as well as revoke its contribution to the collection.
- Publication Timeline - For members, we have added a graphical timeline of publications managed by members.
- Re-invites for Pending Affiliations - If you have invited a new user to your community and they have not yet accepted the invitation, you can re-invite the member, as well as update their email address.
- Significant Improvements
- Consolidation of Collections - We have merged the five pages that comprised collections into one page and removed the Collections menu. This results in an easier-to-navigate interface and demotes the collection to being more of a virtual folder. The collection page will show resources by default, and optional and additional information at the user's discretion.
- Login Forwarding - When trying to access a confidential page while not logged in, should the user successfully login, they will be redirected to the original page they were attempting to access.
- Look and Feel - We have moved towards a fixed-width layout, a lighter-colored theme, simplified resource and member pages, metadata viewing and dashboard notifications.
- Resource Counts in Community Dashboards - The resource and collection counts now provide a more logical selection of information.
- Contributions to the VUMC and World Communities - Resource contributions (by sharing or otherwise) are automatically accepted by both communities. This is especially useful when sharing meetings with the public, so that they will be immediately viewable.
- Other Improvements
- The community collection menu option has been relocated above the subcommunities menu option, for better access to community resources.
- Downsized the member images in the member lists and displayed 10 per row.
- Increased the allowed character length for affiliation titles.
- Community profile page now shows only featured publications
- Improved the sitemap page layout
- Revoking a master contribution automatically revokes related resource contributions
- Added a “View All” display count in side-menus
- Resource-associate files now include the name of the user who uploaded the file
- Allow contributions to be removed via the Action button
- Fixed links to PowerPoint in secured pages
- Allow non-owner subscription permissions to be editable
- Fixed display issues in Help page and made improvements to glossary terms
- Removed dummy text in a few areas
- Community featured publications are now paginated
- Gene Targeting Experiment Tracker – a variety of issues have been resolved
- Improved sanitization of rich text editor input
- Fixed default addresses behavior for members
- Upgraded to newer version of the Zend Framework
Version 1.4 - February 23, 2011
We have resolved 71 ticketed tasks, bugs, or improvements. Major issues are outlined below:
- Resource Sharing Widget - We have made significant improvements to the resource sharing widget, which allows searching and filtering to quickly find what community/collection to share to, as well as list which community/collection a resource may already be shared with.
- Improvements to Resource File Management - Improvements to the resource-associated file management and viewing should provide an easier mechanism for adding, editing, deleting and viewing such files.
- Resource Search Includes File Search - As a first pass, searching resources will match the file name and description of all files associated with the resource. We will be working on a file management interface for a future release.
- Resource Tags/Keywords - Improvements to the interface, mainly to do with validation.
- Mouse Resource Type - Research applications are now optional, without generating a failure.
- Document/Pages/Services - The "Content" field is now optional.
- Gene Targeting Experiment Tracker - General improvements and fixes.
- Freezer Inventory Application - General improvements (searching, ACL, viewing), fixes and data curation.
- VUMC Identity/Branding - For the VUMC Community context, we have added the Vanderbilt Medical Center logo.
- Email Notifications for Primary Resource Contribution - We have added back email notification for primary resource contributions. These are dispatched based on the subscription permissions for those users allowed to accept resource contritbutions.
- Support Files - Improvements made for file/document mime types.
- Collection Profile - We have simplified the collection profile page to provide quick access to a collection's resources.
- Subscription permissions - We have removed from view those permissions that are not currently used, so as to simplify the user interface.
- Community Member Profile Listings - In some contexts, the listing of community/workgroup members were not shown.
- Other improvements
- Mini-dashboard responds to keyboard entries in Internet Explorer
- Print layout improved (overlapping title and logo)
- Member card now displays primary affiliation
Version 1.3 - December 15, 2010
- Server migration - Migration to new servers (web and database).
- GTET Migration - Migration of the VCSCB.org Gene Targeting Experiment Tracker. Available in member context sidemenu for allowed users.
- Freezer/Inventory Application Migration - Migration of the VCSCB.org Freezer/Inventory application. Available in member context sidemenu for allowed users.
- PubMed records - Provide ability to set a PubMed record as a citation or a reference.
- Affiliation role switching - Member affiliation roles can be changed, without dropping and recreating the affiliation.
- Mouse Strain Resource type - Improvements made to Mouse Strain resource type.
- Thumbnails for miscellaneous image files - In resource miscellaneous files, image files are also shown as thumbnails.
- Community dashboard resource counts - Resource count provided in dashboard > overview page for communities.
- Sharing resources - "Share this resource" button available on resource view pages, for quick sharing.
- Member list toggle - Member listing toggles between thumbnail and list views in community member view.
- Message UI improvements - Improved design of flash messages and notifications.
- Framework upgrade - Upgraded underlying application framework.
- Release information - this page you are reading was added as a means of keeping our users aware of changes.
Version 1.2 - June 29, 2010
- Center for Molecular Neuroscience - A new Vanderbilt Center was added with Dr. Randy Blakely as its director.
- Mouse strain resource type - A new resource type, allowing for the management of key information describing genetically-modified mouse strains, was implemented.
- CORES improvements in features and performance - Improvements were made for those members with CORES data that will allow them more flexible queries of the CORES data and speed up the login event.
- Combined collection profile and resources - Consolidated two views (collection profile and collection resources) into a single view, as a means of simplifying access to resources.
- Clarification on the use of SSL - Inline documentation was added to clarify the use of SSL for the login event.
- Improvements to forms and UI - Various improvements were made to forms and user interface elements.
- Member dashboard overview - Added number of publications and citation of the latest
- Member mini-dashboard - Added "My Workgroups" and "My Publications". Improved other linkages.
- Help and Support - The FAQ section was reformulated as a Help and Support area and content has been added.
- New contribution status for pending contributions of resources - When resources are contributed to a collection, they exist within a pending (private) state until they are submitted to the collection for approval. This affects all resource types.
- Default affiliations - For new members joining, a default affiliation is required.
- Member dashboard - Added a publication count as well as the latest full citation.
- MyVU RSS feed location updated - Updated the feed location since it had moved on the vanderbilt.edu website.
- Publications management pagination - Within the context of publications management, pre-search views are now paginated.
- Homepage now includes latest contributions - The latest contributed resources are now displayed on the homepage.
- Release information - this page you are reading was added as a means of keeping our users aware of changes.
Version 1.1 - May 27, 2010
- Invitation of new users - In order to allow community Chiefs and Leaders to invite users who are not already in the system functionality was added to invite new (Vanderbilt-only) users to the system.
- Improvements to PubMed access - Various improvements were made on how the PubMed widgets work and what/how data is stored.
- Subscription permission widget - for those with permissions to manage collections, a widget was implemented to allow them to modify the permissions that surround collections and the ability of users to contribute and access these.
- Print-friendly pages - All pages will now print only the main content block, in a way that will not clip information and avoid printing navigation elements.
- Improvements - Numerous facilities were improved.
- Bug fixes - Various fixes were put in place.
Version 1.0 - April 7, 2010
Initial public release, including the following features:
- Sharing Arc - The combination of members, communities, collections, and resources was implemented.
- Member context - Management and display of profiles, publications, affiliations, and contact information.
- Community context - Management and display of formal communities (those that fall within the VUMC hierarchy), members, publications, collections, and contact information.
- Collection context - Management and display of collections, including subscriptions and publications.
- Resources- A descriptor of information that is defined by two major types, each with selectable categories:
Document - Page Document - Service Document- Protocol Vector - Plasmid Vector - BAC
- Affiliations - The stored relationship between a member and a community, including a defined role as 1) Chief, 2) Leader or 3) Member.
- Subscriptions - The stored relationship between a collection and a community. Per collection, more than one subscription can exist, permitting the exchange of collections to more than one community.
- Contributions - The stored relationship between a resource and the collection it is added to.
- User-to-User Messaging - The ability to send short (140 character) messages within the system from user to user.
- System Messaging - When key actions are taken that involve the creation of members, communities and collection, as well as the modification of affiliations, subscriptions and contributions, key messages are generated and displayed in appropriate dashboards.
- Dashboards - Existing with the member, community and collection contexts, the dashboards allow users to follow what is happening within the system.
- CORES - Users who have invoice data in the VUMC CORES system will have a read-only view of their last 30 days of orders and invoices.
- VUNetID - Login authentication depends on the Vanderbilt-wide "VUNetID" authentication system.
Earlier releases were private beta-testing releases. No detailed information is provided for these.